Obtaining a Goods Vehicle Operator Licence is often the simplest stage in the process, the retention of the licence through meeting the legal responsibilities and duties is the real challenge. Our comprehensive audit and compliance service will help you manage your operator licence systems and documentation to ensure you will never put your licence at risk and your business in jeopardy.
Our audit service comprises of the following:
Full examination of your preventive maintenance inspection framework
Review of inspection frequencies, based on vehicle activity and mileage
Analysis of driver procedures and reporting
Driver licence and CPC check procedure
Driver disciplinary review
Vehicle authorisation and Operating centre information
DVSA self-service information review and update
Advice & guidance on frequency of follow-up visits and reviews
Book your audit at www.transportaudits.co.uk and save money and time now!
If you have been instructed by the Office of the Traffic Commissioner to undertake regular maintenance investigations or simply just need the peace of mind to know you are operating within the legislation our audit service will provide detailed action planning and reporting to help you remain compliant.
Did you know
What happens when DVSA visit my site? The purpose of the inspection is to ascertain your level of compliance with operator licensing. This is done by checking you are carrying out the undertakings you agreed to when applying for your licence. The inspector will ask what compliance procedures you have in place and ask for evidence that they are being carried out diligently. This inspection will have a huge impact on how DVSA view your business and the likelihood of future inspections and site visits.
What are the risks of non-compliance? If DVSA inspects a site and finds the operator is not adhering to their undertakings, DVSA will inform the Traffic Commissioner. The Traffic Commissioner will likely call the operator to a public inquiry to find out why.
If at the public inquiry the operator cannot demonstrate a level of compliance that the Traffic Commissioner wants to see, it’s likely that restrictive action will be taken against that operator.
This action can (and often does) include:-
- Imposing extra conditions to your licence
- Reduction of the number of vehicles/trailers you can operate
- Damage/removal of a Director/Operator’s repute
- Disqualification of Company Directors
- Imposing regular site visits by DVSA
Operator Licence Compliance Audit
Questions you ought to consider if you have any concerns whatsoever about your operator compliance are;
- Do you have a dedicated vehicle file containing all documentation that DVSA will require during a site visit, for each of your vehicles?
- Are your vehicles inspected within the agreed maintenance interval?
- Do your drivers perform daily walk around checks before use every day?
- Are any defects reported, rectified and signed off by your repair agent?
- Do you have a system that records all this?
- Is your tachograph data (analogue or digital) analysed on a regular basis (monthly)?
- Are your drivers (or users of the vehicle) notified of tachograph infringements in writing and a record kept?
- Do you have a tachograph calibration certificate on file for each tachograph?
- Have your drivers been trained on how to use a tachograph properly, and are fully aware of drivers hours rules?
- Do you have a vehicle maintenance forward planning system in place?
- Are all vehicle maintenance events planned in advance by at least 6 months?
Fees are dependent upon several factors; from the scale and location of your organisation, to the number of vehicles and personnel involved in the transport operation. However, we do realise with today’s demands on time and resources it can be useful to have some price orientation in the first instance.
CALL US ON: 0800 998 9127
Having This Accreditation Has Won Me Bigger Clients
The consultancy that Simon has offered and helping me gain my FORS Accreditation is absolutely fantastic and well worth the money. Because of their advice I have won some large haulage clients! Thanks again!
TMS Saved My HGV Business
I will be recommending Transport Management Services to others. Their consultancy saved my HGV business.